fragmentation and contextualization of ID
Some important points to consider when pondering online identity issues…
Identity is actually a very fragmented thing.
- Contextual based on groups or audience
- Contextual based on Time – we evolve and change (try reading old blogs posts sometimes OUCH)
- Ownership of data crucial to trust
- Individual Ownership – how much does an individual own
- Mutual Ownership – sometimes different parts are owner by multiple entities for authoritative reasons
- Group Ownership – Sometime created by groups
- Groups and concepts can have multiple owners so who are the Principals?
- Multiple personas (legal in New Zealand)